Saturday, June 27, 2009

The making of the Frankenwheel

Well, after a long day of measuring, planning, cutting wood, going to the hardware store 3 times and generally just having too much fun.... I ended up with this...


She's not finished, there's some adjustments to be made but I love it anyway!

I still need to reinforce the back upright post a bit more, and also replace the treadle which would work better if it had a bit more length at the bottom. That would allow for a bit more see-saw action.

Figuring out the crank was the hardest part, I ended up bending an L bracket in two spots to get that shape.


I was origionally going to paint it out black and green, it is a "Franken Wheel" after all. But now I'm contemplating painting the main support part but doing some wood buring and staining on the wheel. Time will tell what I end up doing, and quite frankly I'm all out of creative mojo at the moment. I'll be sure to post photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home