Friday, June 26, 2009

The FrankenWheel revisited

About a year ago I started a Franken-Wheel project, turning various orphaned spinning wheel parts into a saxony wheel. Then I ended up lucking into a beautiful Ashford Elizabeth and that saxony is way more beautiful than anything I could create.... project then on hold.

But it's been calling to me, and how can I ever ignore a spinning wheel? So I'm back at work coming up with a design for a modern wheel. I've had a few different designs planned out for Frankie and tomorrow the wood cutting starts. I'm so freaking excited I could pee (but I won't).

I'm too lazy to post photos at the moment, plus I'm running late for my SnB so I'd best be off. But stay tuned (and I say that as if anyone actually reads my blog), as I'll be back soon with photos of the project in the works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home